Thank you for your interest in La Paz Community School!
We are accepting applications for the 2013/14 year as well as the 2014/2015 school year!
La Paz Community School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, color, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, or any other school administered programs.
The La Paz admissions process is one of the most important aspects of administration of the school. The mission set forth by the Admissions Committee is to maintain the sustainable growth of the school while accepting a diverse array of students and families in our school whose strengths and weaknesses will help to foster a vibrant community of lifelong learners. In order to facilitate the admissions selection process, the following dates have been established. All admissions inquiries should be sent to email@example.com or directed personally to the La Paz North or South campus at +506 2654-4532 or +506 2654-6087.
- January 17th, 2014 – Board of Directors announces new fee structure for 2014-2015 school year. Administration releases 2014-2015 school year academic calendar including payment deadlines and vacations.
- February 5th, 2014 - Early Admissions Deadline with all applicants informed of status by February 19th: All applications received on or before February 5th will be considered by the admissions committee. All families will be contacted within 5 business days with the following possible outcomes.
- April 18th, 2014 – Regular Admissions Deadline with all applicants informed of status by May 9th:
- All applications received on or before April 18th will be considered by the admissions committee including those that have been delayed from the early admissions program. All families will be contacted within 10 business days with the following possible outcomes
- Rolling Admissions: Any applications received after April 18th will be considered on a rolling admissions basis which follows the same protocol as the Regular Admissions process.
- Waiting List: We try to maintain class sizes of 20 or less students (depending on the grade level) and as such, sometimes the Admissions Committee has the responsibility to maintain the academic integrity of the La Paz experience by placing qualified families on the wait list. When and if there is space available, wait listed students will be immediately informed of their acceptance.
- Scholarship Program (See details here): The scholarship program is designed to give significant (above 50%) financial support to local families who would not have the financial resources to consider enrolling their students at La Paz. The application process requires a detailed financial analysis for each family as well as a home visit. The Admissions Committee works with the Scholarship Committee to identify the applicants who are most likely to excel at La Paz.
- Financial Aid Program: Any family may apply for financial aid by communicating with firstname.lastname@example.org directly. The program is meant to accommodate new and returning families who struggle to meet the full tuition requirements for La Paz.