Thank you for your interest in La Paz Community School!
We are now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year on a rolling admissions basis pending availability. For the 2017-2018 Admissions Deadlines please review the calendar below.
La Paz Community School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, color, ethnic or national origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, or any other school administered programs.
The La Paz admissions process is one of the most important aspects of the administration of the school. The mission set forth by the Admissions Committee is to maintain the sustainable operation of the school while accepting a diverse array of students and families in La Paz whose strengths and weaknesses will help to foster a vibrant community of lifelong learners. In order to facilitate the admissions selection process, the following dates have been established. All admissions inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or directed personally to the La Paz North or South campus at +506 2654-4532 or +506 2654-6087. If you prefer to fill out a pdf application you can do so here and send to email@example.com. Click here to download the Teacher Recommendation Form that must accompany all applications.
- January 13th, 2017 – Board of Directors announces new fee structure for the 2017-2018 school year. Administration releases 2017-2018 academic calendar including payment deadlines and vacations.
- January 27th, 2017 – Early Matriculation Deadline for returning families ($500)
- February 3rd, 2017 – Early Admissions Deadline with all applicants informed of status by February 17th: All applications received on or before February 3rd will be considered by the admissions committee.
- March 17th, 2017 – Regular Matriculation Deadline for returning families ($750)
- April 14th, 2017 – Regular Admissions Deadline with all applicants informed of status by May 5th: All applications received on or before April 14th will be considered by the admissions committee including those that have been delayed from the early admissions program.
- Rolling Admissions: Any applications received after April 14th, 2017 will be considered on a rolling admissions basis which follows the same protocol as the Regular Admissions process.
Admission Status Descriptions:
- Accepted: Upon receiving notification of acceptance into La Paz, a family has two weeks to complete the enrollment process in order to secure their place at the school.
- Waiting List: The Admissions Committee has the responsibility to maintain the academic integrity of the La Paz experience by placing qualified families on the wait list. When and if there is space available, wait listed students will be immediately informed of their acceptance.
- Declined: La Paz Community School is unable to accept all applications. The admissions committee is instructed to decline students who are not appropriately prepared for the academic experience at La Paz.
Financial Assistance Opportunities: 40% of students at La Paz receive some form of financial aid in order to accommodate the diverse socioeconomic needs of coastal Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
- Scholarship Program (See details here): The scholarship program is designed to give significant (above 50%) financial support to local families who would not have the financial resources to consider enrolling their students at La Paz. The application process requires a detailed financial analysis for each family as well as a home visit. The Admissions Committee works with the Scholarship Committee to identify the applicants who are most likely to excel at La Paz.
- Financial Aid Program: Any family may apply for financial aid by filling out the Financial Aid Form and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org directly with corresponding documentation. Financial Aid Forms should also accompany new student applications. The program is meant to accommodate new and returning families who struggle to meet the full tuition requirements for La Paz.