Welcome to the La Paz Library collections information page! Our collections include a wide range of both physical and electronic resources, designed to foster a love of learning while preparing students with the skills and tools necessary for academic success in the 21st century.
We proudly offer access to:
- Approximately 4,000 books in English and Spanish (click here to browse our catalog online)
- Twelve desktop computers and a projector for watching videos and demonstrations
- Six bean bags! Great for curling up to read on
- Full access for all students grades 8-12 to the virtual library of Costa Rica’s Latin American University of Science and Technology (ULACIT).
- Highlights include full-text articles from more than 4,600 multidisciplinary academic publications
- More than 2,300 business publications, more than 80 of which are focused exclusively on the United States
- Nearly 600 academic journals from Latin America, Spain, and Portugal, covering a wide variety of subjects in Spanish and Portuguese
- Nearly 400,000 articles covering humans’ impact on the natural environment
- Nearly 1,200 science publications
- Full access for students of all grades to EBSCO, a leading provider of high-quality K-12 electronic research and information databases. Highlights include: Millions of full-text articles from from hundreds of regional, national, and international English-language newspapers
Tens of thousands of encyclopedia entries in English and Spanish
- Nearly 90,000 English-language biographies
- Over 500 English-language high school magazines
- Nearly 150 English-language middle school magazines
- Over 70 English-language primary school magazines
- Articles from hundreds of reference books in both English and Spanish
- Thousands of recent newspaper articles from 12 Latin American newspapers, including Costa Rica’s La Nación
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!